Service Restrictions at All Solid Waste Transfer Stations Effective May 1 – May 31, 2020, or Until Further Notice
Due to COVID-19 concerns, the Solid Waste Division is continuing to suspend the following programs and services until May 31, 2020, or further notice:
• Electronic Device Recycling Collection Program
• HI-5 Certified Redemption Centers: Please visit https://www.hawaiizerowaste.org/recycle/hi5/ for a list of location and hours for other HI-5 Certified Redemption Centers.
• Reuse Centers: Please visit https://www.hawaiizerowaste.org/reuse-2/ for a list of other reuse centers.
• Greenwaste Collection: Suspended at Kealakehe, Ke‘ei, Pāhoa, Kea‘au, Volcano, and Waimea Transfer Stations, but continues to be offered at:
o Hilo: East Hawaiʻi Organics Facility, 7:00 a.m. to 4:15 p.m. daily (7 days a week)
o Waikoloa: West Hawaiʻi Organics Facility, 7:00 a.m. to 4:15 p.m. Monday thru Saturday
• Scrap Metal and White Goods Collections: Suspended at the Hilo, Kea‘au, Pāhoa, Volcano, Wai‘ōhinu, Pāhala, Ke‘ei, Kealakehe, Puakō, Waimea, Hāwī, Honoka‘a, and Laupāhoehoe Transfer Stations. Please visit https://www.hawaiizerowaste.org/recycle/scrap-metal/ for a list of other metal recyclers.
Residents are encouraged to use the other service providers or hold onto their items until collection at transfer stations resume. We apologize for the inconvenience and thank you for your patience and understanding as we tackle the challenges of the COVID-19 pandemic. Please visit our www.hawaiizerowaste.org website for locations and future closure information.