Organizers: ’Unmasked flash mob’ canceled

An “unmasked flash mob” planned Saturday at the new Kailua-Kona Safeway has been called off, organizers said Monday evening.

The event, details of which began circulating on social media last week, sparking concern in the community, called for unmasked people to go into the store at 2 p.m. Saturday with a petition signed by over 100 people. Other actions called for signing a petition to protect and honor’s parents rights to direct health care decisions for their keiki as well as to participate in “awareness” rallies planned in Kona and Waimea that day.

Organizers reached Monday by West Hawaii Today said the event had been called off.

Organizers: ’Unmasked flash mob’ canceled

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

%d bloggers like this:
Skip to toolbar