Highlights of Hawai‘i Island DMAP Sub-Actions In Progress
- The County of Hawai‘i is supporting the DMAP through its Department of Research & Development Innovation Grant RFP for FY 2021-2022. Awards were made in August 2021. (A.1, A.2, A.3, C.1, C.2, D.1)
- The Native Hawaiian Hospitality Association (NaHHA) has a number of projects moving forward relating to Hawaiian culture and ‘ōlelo Hawai‘i, including the Wahi Pana webinar series (B.5), expanding its resource webpage (B.1, B.2, B.4), and its partnership with travel2change for their Kaiāulu Ho‘okipa program (C.1, D.1)
- Edith Kanaka‘ole Foundation’s Kipa program is a pilot certification program funded by the County. (C.3)
- Hawaiian Airlines will be playing the Pono Pledge video inflight starting end of January 2022. (F.3)
- The Kohala Coast Resort Association is working with the County to develop opportunities that connect the island’s hotels/resorts with farmers. (G.2)
- RFPs were issued for the Kūkulu Ola, Aloha ‘Āina and Community Enrichment programs.
Mahalo to the County of Hawai‘i’s Department of Research & Development and the Island of Hawai‘i Visitors Bureau for their support and partnership in moving the Hawai‘i Island DMAP actions forward. HTA also acknowledges the other state, county and federal agencies, nonprofit organizations, and the visitor industry which have been integral to advancing the DMAP efforts.