Hawai‘i Island police have arrested and charged 37-year-old Skyler John Fisher, of Hilo, with an array of drug and firearm-related offenses following a violent encounter early Friday evening, May 20, 2022, in downtown Hilo.
The charges against Fisher stem from an incident reported on Friday shortly before 5:15 p.m. South Hilo Patrol officers responded to a reported weapons incident in the parking lot of a retail establishment on the 500 block of Kilauea Avenue in Hilo. Officers contacted two male victims who reported having their vehicle struck in the parking lot by another vehicle. As the victims got out to assess the damage to their vehicle, the driver of the other vehicle (Fisher) physically assaulted one of the males and threatened him while holding a firearm.
The suspect left the scene prior to officer’s arrival; however, he was located moments later in the parking lot of a service station on Kamehameha Avenue in Hilo.
Fisher was arrested and his vehicle was recovered as evidence pending execution of a search warrant.
On Saturday afternoon, May 21, 2022, Area I Criminal Investigation Section detectives served a search warrant on Fisher’s vehicle. The search yielded the recovery of a:
- loaded semi-automatic pistol
- loaded revolver
- unloaded semi-automatic pistol
- AR-15 type rifle
- bolt-action rifle
- pump-action shotgun
- pistol silencer
- miscellaneous caliber ammunition
- approximately 270 ml of testosterone enanthate (liquid steroids)
- more than 200 steroid pills
- more than 1000 diazepam pills
On Saturday afternoon, May 21, 2022, after conferring with the County Prosecutors Office, detectives charged Fisher with the following offenses:
- first-degree unauthorized entry into a motor vehicle (UEMV)
- first-degree terroristic threatening
- third-degree assault
- carrying or use of firearm in the commission of a separate felony
- two counts carrying or possessing a loaded firearm on highway
- three counts place to keep unloaded firearms other than pistols and revolvers
- three counts place to keep pistol or revolver
- possession of prohibited weapon (firearm silencer)
- place to keep ammunition
- two counts first-degree promotion of a harmful drug
Fisher’s total bail was set at $68,000, which was posted on Sunday afternoon, May 22, 2022.